Thursday, August 18, 2011

FINDS

Okay, so I've taken a summer vacation. So shoot me. The point is, I have a ton a new ideas, and I can't wait to start talking about them (also I'm happy, cause it looks like at least a few people have been on here in my absence) So let's get started!!!!
Let's talk about finds. I love, love, LOVE, special amazing finds. I love perusing stores I've never been in, searching for that one find that will make everything perfect in my life... for a little while, anyway. If you're wondering, a "find" is really any piece of clothing or an accessory. They're the things you "find" in vintage stores. Well, a couple of weekends ago, I went to 12th Avenue South in Nashville, Tennessee and found some really great stores, full of really great stuff. FYI, I love "stuff" too
Okay, so I went to Katie K's Ranch Dressing (yes, it's a clothing store) and there was so much great stuff in there! Particularly in the Closet Case Vintage room. There were some stunning things in there, including a cape, which was great but too wintery for this season, a gypsy dress, a PINK VELVET minidress (I could hardly bear to part with it!!!!) and one dress that, in the words of my mother, made me look like a cupcake. It was pink. It had a '60s silhouette. there was a sweetheart neckline. It also had shoulders that were so ridiculously puffed that it would have been impossible, even for me, to wear in public. The shoulders were truly had about three inches of puffy padding. But ANYWAY, getting away from the "cupcake dress", here are the two items I chose to buy from all those great things I've just told you about, and more:
                             Awesome dropwaist dress in neon yellow/green. It has an uneven hem (intentional), which you can't totally see. Vintage Kay Windsor.
This Jackie O.-inspired tweed dress is going to be amazing this fall! I love it. Everything about this dress is great. Vintage A La Mode. The hat I'm wearing is not from Katie K's, but from the store I'm about to talk about.

Let's talk Savant Vintage Couture. While this place is a little pricey for my budget, it has great finds!! I was heartbroken that I had to leave behind a certain swimsuit. I actually got photographed trying on a plaid-and-white dress that was just a tad small on me, and it's on Savant's Facebook page! There are some really great jumpsuits.... ahh, the '70s. Anyway, I bought two items... no, three. But one was a gift for my dad's birthday. One was the hat, pictured in the above outfit. The other item is pictured in the below outfit!!!
YES! The long sought-after ultra high-waisted shorts. These are truly ridiculous, and really comfortable. New favorite in my everyday wardrobe? I think so. Vintage Kyoto Kasuals. (don't worry, nothing comes up when I Google this brand either.)

Anyway, let's hear it for finds!

No comments:

Post a Comment