Anyway, once I had located the right pattern (Murphy's layer skirt, here) and decided that my top pattern would be cutting apart my pink camisole, I was set. It took me a few days to sew, and no part of it was easy. Still, I made it. Also, if you want one of these dresses, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll figure out all the good stuff like prices and sizes.
Here's the whole top. It's very complicated.
A close-up of the corsety ribbon part.
This is the beribboned edge the skirt. They took a loooooong time to sew on.
This is between the layers of the skirt. The fabric I used was gray, which was a mistake, since it shows a little bit when I spin. From now on, I'm using pink.
Here's a picture of the skirt.
See, I sewed the fabric over an old pink cami. It works really well, since it just took on the shape of something that I knew fit me.