Tuesday, March 29, 2011

POETRY SLAM!

Hiya..... I am participating a local poetry slam soon! I've never done one, and this is a little different from most. It's just kids, and I guess since the organizers didn't want anybody's feelings to get hurt, it's not a competition. Slightly disappointing, but still. Anyway, I have selected an Emily Dickinson poem and written one. We're each supposed to have one by an actual poet and one by ourselves. Here's mine:

Wind
In the trees
Rain
In the trees
Ground
Beneath the trees
Birds
In the trees
A nature scene
Within the green
Fast forward!
A city is now sitting there
An urban scene
With neon glare
Wind
In the buildings
Rain
Outside the buildings
Ground
Beneath the buildings
Birds
Outside the buildings
Same old place
A different face
Ever changing
Always ranging
A place with change
But somehow always stays the same.....

And hither are my possible outfits for the 'Slam!
Eccentric and woodsy, like a fairy. (or so I like to think) I got 
this dress in New York. It's funny how boxy it is, but I like it.

Openly nutty. This is a vintage dress I got in New York.
 It has crazy shoulder pads that I have to keep just because.

Cultured and scholarly. My Banana Republic blouse and black jeggings with black tank 
top. The most calm of these outfits, which is probably a good thing. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment