Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Intro to Anna's Eclectic Life

It's a beautiful Wednesday morning in the middle of nowhere, and I'm sitting here trying to decide exactly what I have to say. I guess first things first: what the heck is the deal with the name of this blog? I'm not all that into tie-dye, which is what most people associate with the word 'eclectic'. If you look up that word, you'll find out that it means 'Not following any one system, as of philosophy, medicine, etc., but selecting and using what are considered the best elements of all systems.' That sounds like a pretty good definition of my life. I'm a homeschooled girl in the middle of nowhere in the South, so I kind of have an objective view on teenage life. Because of that, I've been able to sort of cobble together a life that I consider to have the best of everything. I play basketball, I'm an actress, I sometimes like my schoolwork, and I'm a girly girl. It sounds like a lot, and believe me, it is. I love girly books like the Princess Diaries and science fiction TV shows like Star Trek and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I love crazy ensembles when it comes to clothes, and I want to be a city girl when I grow up, at least for a while. This weekend I have to work around my basketball games to go to the Reigonal Shakespeare competition with my team. Anyway, CONGRATUALTIONS if you actually read all of this!!!! Give yourself a hand.

3 comments:

  1. BLAHHHH
    ur first comment...and the last. >:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thanks. You could at least say something helpful... like why you don't like this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this blog :D

    ReplyDelete