Thursday, March 10, 2011

Good taste will never go out of style.

Here are some pictures of paper dolls cut from pattern magazines in the 1940s. Don't you think that if you wore this stuff today you would get compliments? They belonged to my grandmother when she was a child, and she turned out to be quite the fashion plate. She is probably the person who influenced my fashion sense the most, with her bold style and constant willingness to help me shop. I also routinely raid her closet for cute finds and have come up with some great stuff over the years. Right now I'm wearing a Talbot's knit vest (chunky yellow, green, purple, and pink wool) that came straight out of the "Mimi Collection".

I think the pink outfit looks very Eileen Fisher.

I just can't get over that blue dress.

So yeah, maybe I do have a vintage-y , retro style. What's wrong with that? The 1940s were a great time. And I get less weird looks from my vintage outfits than from my NCIS boots, which ARE a coming soon attraction.

4 comments:

  1. Great blog. Very interesting and stylish.
    Just come and see mine.

    Adam,

    http://fashionispartofme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Anna! I love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABBY! OMG, I am homeschooled in the middle of nowhere too :)

    Lahve your blog!

    Lahve,
    Justina


    www.abentpieceofwire.blogpspot.com

    ReplyDelete