Monday, March 28, 2011

Clothes for Excercising

Bella Cotton Spandex Fitness Yoga Pant - Deep Heather 810 LBeyond Yoga Organic Pima Scoop Top, Lemon, SmallYogaAccessories (TM) 1/4'' Extra Thick High Density Yoga Mat (Phthalate Free) - Teal GreenMJ Soffe Men's Long Polyester Mini-Mesh Short, Dark Green, Medium  
I have mixed feelings on this type of garment. As a basketball player, I am obliged to don basketball shorts at least twice a week, but that  doesn't mean that I like them. In fact, I am much more comfortable in a skirt or skinny jeans. Most people don't understand it-- is must be my strong sense of what is right and wrong in the fashion world.

I am more open-minded about other kinds of excercise clothes. I had the idea for this post last night a yoga class, when I thought about my odd fascination with yoga clothes. I like the way they look in stores-- all solid colors and neat, matchy-matchy sets of stretch fabric. I think it must just be the shopper within me, because as soon as I get home, I'm bored with the yoga clothes. The unnatural fibers they are made of get pilly and the solid colors become such a yawn.

That isn't, of course, to say that I don't like yoga. I'll wear yoga clothes if it means two hours of stretching and relaxation. But I'll also wear basketball shorts if it means I get two hours of playing. I like bathing suits, but only if they are functional as well as fashionable. I'm not the kind of girl who sits around on the side of the pool getting a tan. I'm swimming like a fish. Okay, I think that's enough meditating on what we wear to get in shape. It is an odd subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment